Vitamin C Overdose Symptoms
Vitamins are crucial for human body and it is OK to consume them as much as possible. But there are cases of vitamin overdoses. To avoid this try to learn more about vitamin C overdose symptoms. Find out what dosage is appropriate for you age, gender or health.
Vitamin C or ascorbic acid is one of the most popular vitamins, due to widespread opinion on how useful it is for our bodies. It is quite true that vitamin C benefits us in numerous way and there are not many side effects.
Nowadays, doctors are warning that one can get overdosed with vitamin C so people should know as much as possible about consequences, no matter how mild they can be. Generally speaking, the amount of 50 to 100 mg of vitamin C per day is just what your body needs. Vitamin C overdose is not related just to your vitamin C intake. It also depends on how it interacts with other nutrition chemicals.
Vitamin C Overdose Symptoms may differ from one person to another, but these signs are usually common: nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, bloating and gases, upset stomach and mouth ulcers are usually mild signs. In case you are taking extra vitamin C, pay attention to your body and its reactions. If you notice any of these overdose symptoms, decrease your dosage right away.
Studies have shown that there are health conditions and issues which are closely related to vitamin C overdose. Obvious signs of vitamin C overdose are kidney stones, increased need for oxygen, copper deficiency and vitamin b 12 deficiencies.
In case you recognize any of the signs mentioned above, go to the doctor’s as soon as possible and inform him about your vitamin dosage. Your prompt reaction could prevent further complications.